Thursday, October 11, 2012

3rd Home in Lima

I can't believe it's already October! With the seasons being opposite here in South America, I feel like I often forget what time of year it is since it's so different from the States. Although the weather is still grey most days, it definitely feels warmer, and I haven't had to wear so many layers :) The sun also peaks out more often then not - and people say once it's out, it will be out for good for the summer months (November-March). I can't wait! Now that I've made it through the worst months weather-wise, its good to know I'll be in the clear for awhile enjoying the beach while everyone at home is dealing with cold weather :) 

So, what have I been up to? Hmm... well work has slowed down a bit since we are technically out of the busy season. On one hand, it's nice to not work long hours (9-12 hour days) for late bookers, but on the other hand, some days can be really slow when there are not many requests coming in. Things have been good though, and I'm really enjoying doing sales :) 

As for my living situation, I have moved yet again. Long story short, there was some drama with Danielle's boyfriend and we were basically kicked out of our apartment because of him at the end of September. We only had a week's time to find a new place to live which was VERY stressful since I also had to work. Luckily, I was able to find a 1-bedroom in Miraflores, which is only a few streets away from my good friend Daloma and her boyfriend's apartment. It's a little more expensive then I wanted to pay ($600 everything included) but its kind of nice having my own apartment and space and not having to worry about roommates. I thought I'd feel lonely but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet and not having to worry about who didn't wash the dishes, etc, etc... I guess now I know how my mom feels now that my brothers and I are out of the house! 

All in all, I'm starting to settle in here in Lima, and am thinking to stay here until at least June. For awhile I was stressed thinking about the future, when I was coming home, and my expectations of my family back home. I've finally arrived to a place of more peace, where I'm enjoying where I am and making the best out of my situation here. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but I've made the decision to be here and I'm going to run with it. I had a number of goals I wanted to accomplish/work on while being here so I'm going to write them down here so I can remind myself and keep these things on the forefront as I move forward.

Goals:
*Improve Spanish grammer & vocabulary
*Travel & get to know more places in Peru especially
*Dance! and challenge myself with harder classes especially. 
*Live in the moment. I'm only 23 once so I'm going to start acting like it! :) 

That's about all I got for now. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm coming home for Christmas which is exciting! I miss my family and friends so I'm so happy to be able to see them :) 

Hasta luegoo

No comments:

Post a Comment