Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting a bit anxious...

I can't believe my last week in the US till july is finally here. I have so much to get done and I'm starting to get so stressed...lately, everyone I've talked to has just been asking me over and over if I'm nervous to be going overseas alone and not knowing anyone in the city of Cordoba, Argentina. The one girl from Northeastern that was going, bailed last week. She was there for a couple days and then messaged me to tell me she wasn't staying...I almost don't want to know why she's leaving.

I'm starting to feel like this is going to be harder than I thought. At work, some of the guys keep asking me if my parents have enough money to pay the ransom for when I get kidnapped. I laugh it off but the reality of it is I am scared that I'll be alone down there. I definitely don't know enough of the language at this point so hopefully I will pick it up really quickly once I get there and start taking lessons. I'm also getting nervous about feeling sick from the water/food...I reallyyy hope that's not too big of a problem since I already have a sensitive stomach :( ah mann what was I thinking when I got myself into this?!

Anyways, I have countless lists of things I need to do/get/think about before my departure... my favorite jeans are so worn that they ripped, and I can't think of what to bring my host family as a gift. I also still haven't signed a lease for an apartment for the fall which is SO stressful but I guess I'll just have to leave that up to my roommates...

This entry was pretty pointless but i promise next time I write I will have something of substance once I arrive in South America!

3 comments:

  1. km - for a gift for your host family, try and get them something from where we live. Like syrup, or something from a farm maybe? I'm sure they will appreciate anything though : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Kristina, I'm sure you will do fine, Sue and I will be thinking of you today as you fly. We both look forward to hearing about your trip on your Blog........

    ReplyDelete
  3. People keep joking around with me about being kidnapped too! por ejemplo: "Sooo Emily, when are you being abducte- I meannn....going to South America" hahaha. I think we'll be fine though! We're smart girls.

    I think I'm going to get my family salt water taffe (sp?) and maple syrup lol.

    ReplyDelete